Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What is the best color of highlights to get in your hair?

for dark brown hair can anyone give me any suggestions if you can please add pic's =)


What is the best color of highlights to get in your hair?
http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h86/ci…








I got tons of compliments when I had it this way.What is the best color of highlights to get in your hair?
not sure but listen to this advice





i had medium brown hair





and i got blond highlights





and ive had them for about 2 years





at first i rly liked them, but then i felt like they weren't blond enough





so i got more blond





and more





and more!





now my hair is very blond, and almost stripe-y because of the different shades of blond i have.





so just dont overdo it on the blonde





and btw, im going to dye my hair back to its original color soon because the of 'stripe affect'





oh another thing.... the place i get my highlights at are RLY expensive so beware of cost....





if you rly want to get highlights get some brown thats lighter than your current color





also if its dark brown enough, a rly subtle blue or purple looks rly cool





i know this girl who has a pinkish stripe in her brown hair and it looks really cool





(:
it depends on your skin type, eye color and overall appearance.


If you have pale skin with rosy undertones you should get a reddish highlight but if you have a pale skin with golden undertones you should stick with a blonde or light brown.....


I suggest talking to yout stylist or looking up something ont he internet
A couple shades lighter (or darker for lowlights) than your current hair color.


I don't like the look of bold highlights that obviously don't belong there naturally. Mine have always been subtle naturally, so I kept it that way when I dyed it. You can't really go wrong this way.
Lighter browns, and medium to dark blonds. You don't want a too light colour because then it would just look like unnatural streaks. But, you don't want to get anything darker than a light-gold brown, or else it won't show. BTW, soft reds would go nicely.
Has your hair always been dark brown? If so then I think you should just get a lighter brown in it. I used to be blonde and then my hair started turning brown. Now I just add hints of blonde in it and it looks natural. You don't want it to look fake.
most people want dramatic highlights, but the most attractive is always 2-3 shades lighter or darker than your natural hair. Go with a chocolate brown, light brown and darker blonde mix
Carmel! I have them and they're gorgeous!(:


http://lh4.ggpht.com/_F9yEJP1jukY/RwzbuJ…
Honestly, natural is the way to go.. but if you MUST.. I would reccomend caramel color highlights. just a shade lighter than your natural.. it will definitely help. (:
maybe some hints of red it depends on your skin tone and eye color


hints of blonde


really anything


you could go a shade darker of brown
I have dark brown hair and i recently got highlights their a blondish/caramel color and they look fine
I have dark brown hair with light brown highlights and it makes my hair look lighter and more lively.
I always thought black highlights in dark hair was cool. It's more original than blonde highlights.
Polluted acid rain and flaming gasoline.


(until we're clean.)
redish brown or honey colered blonde
Blonde highlights
Maybe like, a caramel color? I think that looks really good in brown hair.
deep reds or purples look really good with dark browns and especially if you have green eyes :)
auburn
light brown, auburn.
i like dark green
gray
either red or blonde

No comments:

Post a Comment