Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I have black hair (permanent color), so since it鈥檚 not natural will highlighting damage my hair?

I like black hair, but I鈥檓 kind of bored with it, so I just wanted a few strands that are a bit lighter, Are there any other alternatives for having lighter strands without bleaching or damaging it?I have black hair (permanent color), so since it鈥檚 not natural will highlighting damage my hair?
whatever you do, don't get red highlights! Red is the second most difficult color to get out (behind black of course). I had the same problem a month ago, I had dyed my hair blue-black and wanted to go blonde again but a few salons wouldn't do it for me because they said it would ruin my hair. I found a great stylist in OC who told me she would do it for me without ruining my hair. First she told me to start using Baby Shampoo to strip some of the black color off %26amp; make it easier to lighten, THIS WORKS, i tried it. She then dyed it the lightest brown my hair would handle and added thick highlights (on the lowest level 10) so that my hair wouldn't break. it took about 5 hours but i went from having black hair to medium brown/blonde hair %26amp; my hair isnt damaged! as long as you keep it well conditioned %26amp; use shampoo that doesn't have a lot of chemicals in it, your hair shouldn't get damaged.


Hope this helps.I have black hair (permanent color), so since it鈥檚 not natural will highlighting damage my hair?
I completely agree with bluemidnightcam. she is an example of what you should do. now, here's an example of what you SHOULDN'T do:





I had been dyeing my hair blue-black for a year, and I started to get bored of it. I had a couple of highlights, but I wanted to go lighter. so, I decided to try bleaching it from home. Long story short, after 3 consecutive 50 min. bleaching sessions, my hair was fried. I ended up having to go to a salon to get it fixed. I had to get 6 inches of hair cut off, have my hair redyed to make up for the patchy bleach job, %26amp; have a deep conditioning treatment to repair some of the damage. it looks acceptable now, but i ended up blowing $100 in just 2 Days. on top of that, i'm basically on hair probation for the next year %26amp; a half, or until most of it grows out. damage control means no straigtening, hot rollers, or perms... %26amp; especially no bleach. if i dye my hair again, it has to be deposit only. i've been using really good products, and they do help, but my hair is still frizzier than it used to be. oh, and you can still see some darker and lighter patches whenever the red starts to fade! so I have to redo it all the time.





don't do what I did! go to a salon, 'cuz you will probably end up there anyway if you try to do it from home!
i think highlights wont damage it much if yor hair is healthy
no it shouldn't damage your hair. get it done professionally for the best results.

No comments:

Post a Comment